The Directorate Members of the World Boxing Association (WBA) join the mourning of the Mendoza Alvarado and the boxing family.
- On March 11, 2016, Eng. Francisco Gilberto Mendoza, President Emeritus of the World
Boxing Association, father of our President Gilberto Jesus Mendoza passed away.
- Gilberto Mendoza, was a great boxing and business manager who lead this Association for more than three decades, where stood out for his work and achievements for the benefit of
- Gilberto Mendoza, was a honorable man, example and inspiration to all of a family bound together by the principles of morality and ethics.
- Deeply mourn the sensible passed away of Emeritus President Gilberto Mendoza.
- Declare seven (7) days of mourning for this irreparable loss.
- Present our sincere condolences to his beloved wife Elena, his children, Gilberto Jesus WBA President and Marielena, and to his relatives and friends.
- Be carriers our solidary support message to the Mendoza Alvarado family, in these moments of mourning and pain, hoping that God’s infinite light mitigates the sadness with the hope of the eternal resurrection.
- Hand this resolution to the Mendoza Alvarado family.
Given in the city of Panama on the twelfth day of March, 2016
Directorate Members of the
World Boxing Association