Anthony Joshua and Kubrat Pulev declared themselves ready for their fight for the World Boxing Association (WBA) Heavyweight Super Championship, as well as the IBF and WBO versions, during a press conference held in London on Thursday.
With two days to go before the fight, which will take place at the Wembley Arena this Saturday, the champion Joshua and his dangerous challenger Pulev talked to the press about their expectations for the fight, where the WBA, IBF and WBO titles will be at stake.
The Briton acknowledged that this last year has been complicated but also assured that his whole career has been like that. He said he knows that he is facing a difficult opponent but that the great challenges have always motivated him to be where he is today.
Eddie Hearn, CEO of Matchroom, interviewed both of them. When the promoter asked Joshua why he never praises himself, the champion said he prefers to stay focused because it is the best way to perform at his best and be able to support his family and grow his legacy.
Pulev showed a relaxed attitude throughout the conference and when asked about it, he acknowledged that he is motivated and calm because he finally got the opportunity he wanted and knows he has all the possibilities to win the fight.
The last step will be the weigh-in ceremony this Friday. After that, they will be ready for their fight. Joshua will make his first defense since he regained his belts last year and comes in with a record of 23 wins, 1 losses, and 21 KOs. Pulev has a record of 28 wins, 1 loss, and 14 KOs.