Niyomtrong-Argumedo auction will take place on September 16th

by
Niyomtrong-Argumedo auction will take place on September 16th

The World Boxing Association (WBA) Championships Committee ordered the auction for the fight between the minimumweight champion, Thai native Thammanoon Niyomtrong, and the Mexican mandatory challenger Jose Argumedo, to take place on September 16th in the offices of the organization in Panama City.

The oldest sanctioning body in the world notified all parties involved in the situation and will be carrying out the auction, which will be directed by the deputy director of the Classification Committee, Panamanian Aurelio Fiengo.

Under the conditions of the auction it is specified that the minimum amount to organize the fight will be US $ 80,000, while the purse split will be distributed 75% for the champion Niyomtrong and the remaining 25% will go to the challenger Argumedo. The minimum amount to participate in the auction will be US $ 5,000.

Interested promoters know the situation about mandatory combat and its auction thanks to a statement sent by the WBA.

The Asian native has been champion since 2014 and has made 11 successful defenses of his title. He currently has a record of 20 wins, no losses, and 7 knockouts.

Argumedo won the chance to challenge the champion after knocking out Venezuelan native Alexis Diaz in a match last March. He is coming into the fight with a record of 23 wins, 4 losses, 1 draw and 14 knockouts.


How to score a round

How to score a round



Gilberto Jesús Mendoza made important announcements during an online press conference

Gilberto Jesús Mendoza made important announcements during an online press conference

Gilberto Jesús Mendoza spoke to the international press about the...

The WBA announces the creation of WBA-Brazil

The WBA announces the creation of WBA-Brazil

One of the most important announcements of the online press...

Katie Taylor will defend against Delfine Persoon on August 22

Katie Taylor will defend against Delfine Persoon on August 22

World Boxing Association (WBA) Lightweight Champion Katie Taylor will defend...