Castano vs Soro auction will be on May 28th

by
Castano vs Soro auction will be on May 28th
Jesus Escalera wins Fedebol title in Colombia

Castano vs Soro auction will be on May 28th

by
Castano vs Soro auction will be on May 28th
Jesus Escalera wins Fedebol title in Colombia

The World Boxing Association (WBA) Championships Committee ordered an auction for the clash between the super welterweight champion Brian Castano and the official challenger Michel Soro. The auction will take place on May 28th at 11:00 am at the agencies offices located in Panama City.

Soro is Castano’s mandatory challenger and earned the right to a rematch fight against the Argentine champion. The minimum amount to organize the fight will be $150,000 and the amount for participation is stipulated at $7,500. The distribution of the purse will be 75% for the champion Castano, while the French challenger will keep the remaining 25%.

Aurelio Fiengo, who serves as Deputy Director of the Classification Committee, will direct the auction. Both fighters faced each other in July of 2017 for an interim title and the South American native, Castano, won a disputed split decision over the fighter of European nationality, Soro, who was born in Côte d’Ivoire.

Castano has a record of 15 wins, 0 losses, 1 draw and 11 knockouts, while Soro has a record of 33 wins, 2 losses, 1 draw and 22 knockouts.


Inoue continues knockout streak with KO of Rodriguez



Mariano Carrera gives master class in Australia

Mariano Carrera gives master class in Australia

Mariano Carrera, former World Boxing Association (WBA) world champion, gave...

WBA grants special permission for Morrell- Kalajdzic for light heavyweight world title fight 

WBA grants special permission for Morrell- Kalajdzic for light heavyweight world title fight 

The World Boxing Association (WBA) Championships Committee granted special permission...

Fight in Maracaibo between Roger ¨The Kid¨ Gutierrez and Alan Ayala 

Fight in Maracaibo between Roger ¨The Kid¨ Gutierrez and Alan Ayala 

The return to the ring of the former world champion,...